WASH Advocates is a nonprofit, nonpartisan initiative dedicated to helping solve the global safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) challenge. Our mission is to increase awareness of the global WASH challenge and solutions, and to increase the amount and effectiveness of resources devoted to those solutions throughout the developing world.
WASH Advocates’ role is to:
- Help provide more safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene more sustainably to communities throughout the developing world. This entails increasing awareness of the WASH challenge and solutions, and most importantly converting that heightened awareness into financial, technical, and human resources flowing to the sector.
- Catalyze stronger, leveraged partnerships between foundations, corporations, civic/faith groups, implementing nonprofits, schools and universities, the United States Government, and others.
- Increase WASH advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill and within the U.S. Administration, notably the Department of State and USAID.
- Catalyze and support the WASH advocacy efforts of indigenous civil society networks and leaders in developing countries.
- Encourage the U.S. and global media to more effectively cover WASH challenges and solutions.
WASH Advocates is the successor organization to Water Advocates (2005 – 2010) and was launched in early 2012 as a project of the New Venture Fund. WASH Advocates is fully funded by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Howard G. Buffett Foundation, Wallace Genetic Foundation, and Osprey Foundation.
WASH Advocates neither implements projects nor seeks donations for itself, but works to increase the amount and effectiveness of resources for the global water, sanitation, and hygiene sector as a whole.
If you would like to join our efforts, please reach out to us at info@WASHadvocates.org or (202) 293-4002.