WASH Advocates is a nonprofit, nonpartisan initiative dedicated to helping solve the global safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) challenge. Our mission is to increase awareness of WASH issues and solutions, and to increase the amount and effectiveness of resources devoted to those solutions throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
WASH Advocates’ role is to:
- Help provide more WASH, more sustainably, to more people throughout the developing world. This entails increasing awareness of WASH challenges and solutions, and most importantly converting that heightened awareness into financial, technical, and human resources flowing to the sector.
- Catalyze stronger, leveraged partnerships between foundations, corporations, civic/faith groups, implementing nonprofits, schools and universities, the United States government, and others.
- Increase WASH advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill and within U.S. agencies, notably the Department of State and USAID.
- Catalyze and support WASH advocacy efforts of indigenous civil society networks and leaders in developing countries.
- Encourage the U.S. and global media to more effectively cover WASH challenges and solutions.
WASH Advocates is the successor organization to Water Advocates (2005 – 2010) and was launched in early 2012 as a project of the New Venture Fund. WASH Advocates has been funded by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Howard G. Buffett Foundation, Wallace Genetic Foundation, and Osprey Foundation.
We neither implement projects nor seek donations. WASH Advocates works to increase the amount and effectiveness of resources for the global water, sanitation, and hygiene sector as a whole.
If you would like to join our efforts, please reach out to us at email@example.com or (202) 293-4002.